What a great set of portraits , her eyes really pop out of the picture, really cute. Deb, Steve and Dave look like they are getting hounded every dayToo bad.Time to go guys! 2", "Channel 2 TV Quarters Prepared: Work Starts On New Television Facilities", "TV-Radio Highlights: KATU Studio Nearly Ready; February Telecast Target", "Channel 2 Will Make Debut; New TV Channel Offers Broad Choice of Programs", "ABC-TV to switch Portland, Ore., outlets", "DTV Tentative Channel Designations for the First and Second Rounds", "Sinclair acquiring Fisher Communications", "FCC throws Sinclair/Tribune deal in doubt", "FCC orders hearing even as Sinclair changes plans to sell TV stations to address concerns about Tribune deal", "Tribune Ends Deal with Sinclair, Files Breach of Contract Suit", "Tribune withdraws from Sinclair merger, saying it will sue for 'breach of contract', "Endless blubber: In 1970, Oregon had a whale of a story", "The Exploding Whale remastered: 50th anniversary of legendary Oregon event", "McCall unyielding in his commitment to conservation", "KATU's O'Reilly heading east for family reasons, he says", "Wanderlust comes naturally to KATU rover", "Local News: Stumptown Gets Over the Hump", "Portland TV Station KATU Suspends News Coverage as Staff Attends Trauma Training", "Layoffs at Portland's KATU-TV include Brian Wood, others", "Behind the mike: Dr. Joe operates better in surgery", KMTR-DT 16.2 / KMCB-DT 23.2 / KTCW-DT 46.2 / "KZWB", Sorted by primary channel network affiliations, https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=KATU_(TV)&oldid=1141218560, Television channels and stations established in 1962, Short description is different from Wikidata, Articles using infobox television station, Official website different in Wikidata and Wikipedia, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License 3.0, This page was last edited on 23 February 2023, at 23:44. By: Caroline John - Published: January 20, 2023 at 6:18 am. Lets just get to the images! Well thats my opinion, whats yours? Wednesday, March 2nd 2022 (KATU, File) PORTLAND, Ore. Last year, after vaccines rolled out but before the variants, there was a brief stint of normalcy. Torres had PR and news broadcast internships along with working in student-run media. Since the pandemic, Nikki Torres has covered the weather in Portland, Oregon, and formed a bond with the KATU ABC 2 community. She was also the WSU ambassador. Steve Dunn KATU. KATU in Portland is still cranking out their daily broadcast like Who Cares. After graduating, Torres started her broadcasting career at Medford, Oregons NBC4 News. Get our free Coronavirus Today newsletter. [27], One Oregon news event covered by KATU cameras in the station's first decade on air acquired lasting notoriety. We were packed like sardines, Janita says. Credit Janita Badon, once again, with the assist. However, her online statement hints that she is saying goodbye to Portland. Feel free to join the conversation by leaving a comment or. Katu may also refer to: Katu (Marvel Comics), a Marvel Comics character. And she never asked our parents what time they were coming back.. I want her grandmother to be safe and I want you to work with her., Janita and Haddon spent six weeks searching for a single-level home in a neighborhood that would accommodate, even welcome, Irma and the family gatherings. Just wanted to drop off a couple of comments 1) KATU is kicking around their TV people, forcing them to work odd shifts, weekends and days theyre not used to, trying to get somebody to quit? One more thing: Get rid of their weather guy, Dave Salesky! My real-estate work is really focused around equity and communities of color, and he knows that, Haddon says. [19] KATU shut down its analog signal, over VHF channel 2, on June 12, 2009, the official date in which full-power television stations in the United States transitioned from analog to digital broadcasts under federal mandate. 6 Comments on KATU's Deb Knapp and Baby Lila! Cookie Settings/Do Not Sell My Personal Information. Nobody else.. I could just eat her cheeks! Here we go again! Badon had a full basketball ride at Utah; shed led Jefferson through an undefeated season to the 2008 state title as a senior. Afterward, Dunn, who had earned degrees in math and biology from Middlebury College in Vermont, became interested in helping others with kidney cancer. Each time Janita Badon visited Momo in that apartment, she remembered a promise she first made to her grandmother as a child. She not only meant it, but she did it. Steve Dunn KATU and his son Logan were prepping for tonight's broadcast right from the studio. [17] AM Northwest continues to air, while other shows, such as Faces & Places and Two at Four, ended in the 1980s. Utah was where she belonged. Lincoln's average salary is $67,234 per year. [4] The full commission began drafting paperwork in support of this decision in December 1960,[5] and Fisher received the permit on February 23, 1961. If you have breaking news about Brian Wood, please share it here. He was co-administrator with Robin Martinez of an online resource specific to kidney cancer: kidney-onclistserv.acor.org, which is accessible at www.acor.org. Steve Dunn, who fought back kidney cancer more than a decade ago and used his experience to launch a website to help others find appropriate treatments for the cancer, died Aug. 19 of. She joined KATU in May 1998 as AM Northwest's 'Roving Red-Head.'. She was married to my grandfather for 50 years. Sixteen or 17 of us, all together, Irma admits. | Portland Portrait Photographer. Before joining KATU-TV, Debora Kapp served at KSAR-TV as a station weekend weather anchor and a media reporter stint. The material on this site may not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with the prior written permission of Advance Local. 4,250 likes. Prior to that, he served WPBN-TV in Traverse City, Michigan, and at WILX-TV in Lansing, Michigan. Naturally, regular viewers of #NikkiNeedsToKnow want to know where she is going next and if she will remain in Portland. Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information. How Old Is Deborah Knapp Debora is a 67-year-old American journalist who was born 0n December 1, 1954, in Japan. OMG these are SOOO stunning! I would guess she was hurting more than I was, Janita says. They found the house in Glenfair, just west of Gresham. Her testimony is bigger than anything in the world to me, Janita says. Tony McEwing Leaving KTTV: Is the Good Day LA Anchor Retiring. Thank you Angela! The station works under the ownership of Sinclair Broadcast Group and serves Portland/Salem, Oregon, and Vancouver, Washington. Her famous mommy is doing great and the whole family is settling in fabulously. Brian WoodFormer KIRO 7 anchor/reporter, Brian Wood, was one of many disposed of by Sinclair last week. Wish you had one with your son in it also. YouTubes privacy policy is available here and YouTubes terms of service is available here. [39] O'Reilly's time with the station was marked by remarks about Portland being a "vacation" compared to his previous job in Boston, which displeased management, and an incident in which he left his paycheck in a copy machine, unwittingly divulging a six-figure salary that irked underpaid colleagues. The bedroom? A follow up thought : KATU could help themselves greatly by returning Brian Wood and Lincoln Graves as their key anchors . So Steve did and. 4/17/2021. As an independent, its late-night local news aired at 10 p.m.[11] This changed after the station switched to ABC in 1964, but KATU remained mired in third place in local news coverage behind KOIN-TV and KGW-TV, which were said to have a "stranglehold" on Portland viewers. Cookie Settings/Do Not Sell My Personal Information. YouTubes privacy policy is available here and YouTubes terms of service is available here. He won the same award in 2004, 2012 and 2014. Lincoln Graves departure When I asked her what she made of all this, she said, I know what happened. Next to go should be Mr Weathermaker Dave Saleski. Helen reported on the "fun and quirky" side . They are so precious. Also Read: Tony McEwing Leaving KTTV: Is the Good Day LA Anchor Retiring? Find contact's direct phone number, email address, work history, and more. The headquarters of the Sinclair Broadcast Group is shown April 3, 2018 in Hunt Valley, Maryland. I'm Julia Kelleher and I love to celebrate families and empower professional creative women to make a living doing the photographic art they love. In 1996, he completed his goal of reaching 54 peaks in Colorado that are at least 14,000 feet, something I could not have even dreamed of in 1989.. Are you getting prego brain yet??? Good Music Returns To KXA; Lan Roberts Cuts Back Schedule. Debora started working at KATU based in Portland, Oregon in March of 2002. Well here we are in April 2020. I will be watching another news channel!!! As always, Irma Badon rose to the challenge for one of her 22 grandchildren. (Win McNamee/Getty Images). The material on this site may not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with the prior written permission of Advance Local. You can also send story ideas or news tips to. My place in life is to impart information and advice: not to dictate, or to make decisions for others., He added of his work with cancer patients: No one should ever again have to stumble through the darkness the way I did.. I believed my experience put me in a special position to be able to help other patients., Dunn also created www.kidneycancertrials.org, where he said the purpose was to help you learn how to better research trials and to focus and clarify your own thinking about clinical trials by example.. Im sure the money went to them.. She said, Everything is going to be OK. God doesnt make any mistakes, Janita says. share . That second one is a masterpiece! Lila is stunning. In 2020, Torres returned to Oregon and joined Portlands KATU News weather team. But have no fear, KATU News Anchor Steve Dunn was there to pinch hit as a. retire Steve Dunn and Deb Knapp after 20 years at this station. So Ill tell you what Old Buddy! But KATU's news partners at Willamette Week took a deeper look at Bob Pamplin's empire and found potential financial concerns. PORTLAND, Ore. Homelessness, gun violence and the coronavirus pandemic are just a few of the issues Portland is facing right now. Use of and/or registration on any portion of this site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement, Privacy Policy and Cookie Statement, and Your Privacy Choices and Rights (each updated 1/26/2023). xoxo. Rolf Knapp If he joins another Portland news team, I will join him. [41], KATU had worked its way up to having the top-rated newscasts in Portland by 1997,[42] but ratings were starting to decline before Gianola's departure for KOIN, which was responsible for leading a resurgence at that station. Nikki Torres might reveal more details about her next career move at her last newscast. Steve came to Portland from KGUN-TV in Tucson, Arizona. Deborah . Brian Wood, a KATU reporter in Portland, had started at KLAS Las Vegas in 1981, moving to KIRO, and then spent 19 years at WMAR, Baltimore, before joining KATU in 2008. Sign up for the latest news, best stories and what they mean for you, plus answers to your questions. Two sources are telling me that the Sinclair Broadcast Group, the new owners of KATU in Portland and KOMO in Seattle, is cutting costs and personnel at the two television stations, laying off nine employees at KATU and another 18 at KOMO.In an eventful day for Sinclair -- which began with the Wall Street Journal's extensive look at Sinclair's controversial expansion -- media sources indicate that K-2 has said goodbye to three editors, a writer, a producer, two truck operators and two folks who work with KATU's web operation, including an executive producer.Sinclair picked up the sister stations in April as part of its $373 million purchase of Fisher Communications. [20], On April 10, 2013, KATU and Fisher Communications' other holdings were acquired by the Sinclair Broadcast Group. It has a walk-in closet. Lincoln Graves Net Worth He has worked as a journalist for many years. 169,901 talking about this. | Portland Portrait Photographer. [15] (It was the second time KPTV had lost an affiliation to a group owner in five years; King Broadcasting Company's KGW-TV displaced KPTV as the NBC television affiliate in Portland in 1959, and its KING-TV in Seattle replaced KOMO in the network lineup. You guys are so blessed. Irma remembers a cash offer of $30,000. KATU needs to totally revamp its news staff to feature both their experienced anchors, reporters and a mix of new people together! [10], While it was the 25th independent in the United States, from the moment it went on air, speculation swirled that KATU might look to poach a network affiliation from one of the three other commercial stations in Portland. 2023 Advance Local Media LLC. The change in his. Vancouver Hello and welcome to my Facebook page. 3) If there ever was a more solid TV newsman, Brian was it. Layoffs, as TV veterans know, are all too common when stations change hands. Late last summer, Janita who works in child protective services for the states Department of Human Services decided she needed to follow through on her childhood promise. Sinclair would have been required to sell one of KATU or KRCW-TV if the deal were to be approved. tagged. COVID origins? Brian Wood, a KATU reporter in Portland, had started at KLAS Las Vegas in 1981, moving to KIRO, and then spent 19 years at WMAR, Baltimore, before joining KATU in 2008. All rights reserved (About Us). [32] That same year, former Oregon governor Tom McCall joined KATU as commentator; prior to becoming governor, he had also worked at KGW. At the time, Fisher's 20 TV stations -- which included KVAL in Eugene KCBY in Coos Bay and KPIC in Roseburg -- reached four percent of U.S. households that include a television.What's more, the purchase gave Sinclair -- which is based in Hunt Valley, Md., north of Baltimore -- a total of 134 stations in 68 markets.According to the WSJ, Sinclair is using "sidecar agreements" (and I'm quoting from mediabistro.com here) "to manage stations it doesn't own as a way to bypass FCC ownership rules." Can we trust our local news to bring us fair, unbiased reporting? [44] Within a month of the highly publicized debut of the second helicopter, the leased helicopter, "JetRanger II", crashed and burned in November while harvesting Christmas trees. Abcarian: Mask mandates? Rolf Knapp Calamity struck when KATU News reporter Dan Cassuto had a precarious chalkboard that would not stay up. Recently, she announced that she would be leaving the station. [31], In 1975, Richard Ross left KGW-TV after 19 years to become the news director at channel 2. Nikki Torres received an Associate of Arts (AA) in General Studies from Highline College in 2013 and enrolled at Washington State University. These cost-cutting measures affected 5% of the Sinclair workforce, according to company figures, with pink slips handed out across all departments. What an amazing honor it is to get to be the first to record her likenessto keep the memory of her newness alive forever, to let her beginning never end. Prior to that, he served WPBN-TV in Traverse City, Michigan, and at WILX-TV in Lansing, Michigan. Covid is the catch-all excuse every company uses to cover their ass for any change they make. I actually liked him when he was in Seattle. In 2016 Steve won the Emmy Award for the top News Anchor in the Northwest. She is so selfless that when she was pushed into a dark room, the one thing she asked God was, Spare my life so I can take care of my kids. She not only said it, but she meant it. The station's digital signal is multiplexed: The 32.1 subchannel for KRCW-TV is broadcast by KATU as part of Portland's ATSC 3.0 (NextGen TV) deployment plan; in exchange, KRCW-TV broadcasts KATU in that format. Fire Steve Dunn and Deb Knapp instead of Brian Wood. [16]), After a decade in which the station struggled to build an identity in the market, KATU began to find its way in the early 1970s after expanding its local programming. Believing that his chances of surviving cancer for five years was otherwise zero, Dunn decided that a mere hint of something more effective was worth pursuing with everything I had. He underwent treatment intermittently from November 1989 through June 1990, his mother said. Her grandparents lived on N.E. Longer Name of the News -Known as "KATU Channel Two News" with a Explosion of Mount Saint Helens, when Robin Anderson, A sports anchor named Bill Boaz and a Meteorologist named Fred Jenkins leaves the studio when Stan Wilson reading the News, The theme music is from ABC World News Tonight. In the fall of Janita Badons freshman year at the University of Utah, her father and grandfather both died in the space of two heartrending weeks. Oh, and I adore Dutch Bros. too! I cant believe you let him go!! New shows such as public affairs program Town Hall, weekend children's program Bumpity, and talk show AM Northwest proved critical to the station's success. [43] The campaign was produced with such secrecy that its first airing took newsroom employees by surprise. If you purchase a product or register for an account through one of the links on our site, we may receive compensation. Currently, he serves at KATU in Portland since 1986. Thought he would show up on another station by now? For 10 years he did an outstanding job as a street reporter and newsroom anchor for KATU. KATU (channel 2) is a television station in Portland, Oregon, United States, affiliated with ABC. Now I dont care who or what shows up here to tell people their bulls__t! on Brian Wood Fired In Latest Cuts At KATU, TEGNA Sends Sinclair ND to Greener Pastures, Larry Nelson Steps Away From KOMO-AM Morning Show, Vanessa Misciagna Leaving KING 5 For Denver, Gay Trans New Morning News Producer at KNKX, Salem Reacquires KKOL, KING 5 Loses Craig Herrera & Brit Moorer, KREM Loses One To San Diego. Use of and/or registration on any portion of this site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement, Privacy Policy and Cookie Statement, and Your Privacy Choices and Rights (each updated 1/26/2023). news & info. Until last year, Dunn enjoyed remarkable health, he wrote on cancerguide.org. 2023 Advance Local Media LLC. Steve came to Portland from KGUN-TV in Tucson, Arizona. Dunn had been hospitalized with the disease for 10 months and died in a hospice in Denver, said his mother, Nancy Dunn. This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Katu. Been a rough winter for us in a lot of ways.still hangin in therehahahahaha. [18], KATU was Portland's first commercial station to broadcast in digital, doing so in 1998 alongside Oregon Public Broadcasting. In the fall of Janita Badon's freshman year at the University of Utah, her father and grandfather both died in the space of two heartrending weeks. She deserves to be comfortable. Debora Knapp began serving in March of 2002 in Portland, Oregon at KATU. he is a first-class PRO. If you purchase a product or register for an account through one of the links on our site, we may receive compensation. Maybe he moved back home to Seattle? Required fields are marked *, Copyright 2023 QZVX.com Broadcast History & Current Affairs. [36], News hires at KATU in the 1980s included Jeff Gianola, who initially joined as a weekend weather presenter in 1983[37] and became evening anchor before defecting to KOIN in 1998,[38] and Bill O'Reilly, the future Fox News Channel anchor whose tenure in Portland lasted less than a year due to family reasons. 2) Where in the hell is Brian Wood? But I do know this; you dropped any follow-up on how or where Brian Wood is after he got axed by KATU in Portland? The company also requires these stations to air "Terrorism Alert" and "Bottom Line" segments skewing the stories toward anti-media, fear-inciting and far-right messaging. Badon had . She currently serves as a host of AM Northwest at KATU in Portland. [12] The news came in early December when ABC announced it would drop KPTV (channel 12), Oregon's oldest television station, and move to KATU on March 1, 1964. I, for one, will be changing the channel. [26], From the station's first day on air, KATU produced local newscasts. Contributions in Dunns name can be made to the Assn. It felt like it was fit for a queen., On Christmas morning, Janita called around and told everyone in the family to meet her at the Northeast Portland address because she had a big announcement to make: They thought I was getting married. In my opinion, KATU is going to have a tough time to plug the holes they have made. Graves was very much under-appreciated for his work for that station! They should have cut the Washington DC reporters. When Janita attended Portlands Humboldt School, Irma and Alton Badons temporary home on Northeast Morgan Street was where all the grandchildren gathered after school let out. You may occasionally receive promotional content from the Los Angeles Times. Brian Wood was a very close friend of mine..He deserves alot more respect than you give him on this page..I think Remington you owe me and Wood an apology.I am done! They found a grand old house in the Boise neighborhood. But someone needed to remain strong, confident that no one she loved had been abandoned. Debora is an American anchor and reporter. He and I go back to the day when I lived in Port Orchard and he was on KIRO, Seattle. He did everything he had done before, and more, his mother said. KATU is still cutting long-time staff and hiring new, cheaper paid people to replace them. [6], KATU began broadcasting on March 15, 1962, originally operating as an independent station; Portland native and actress Jane Powell was the master of ceremonies. You guys have a great 4th of July! She had nine children. Brian, let us know. He does'nt belong on the street. | Portland Portrait Photographer. Morgan during the renovation of Columbia Villa, which began in 2003. Creator, Admin, & Editor of QZVX.COM, former broadcaster at KAMT/Tacoma, KRPM FM/Tacoma, KJUN/Puyallup, KASY/Auburn, KTAC AM/Tacoma, KBRD FM/Tacoma, KMTT FM/Tacoma, and KOOL FM/Phoenix. Irma and Alton soon moved to Portland, making the drive from Mississippi Youre going to get her arrested if you tell this story, Janita laughs in a station wagon packed with nine of her children and several other relatives. Two weeks later, he underwent surgery, but by then the cancer had spread to his lungs and spine, and doctors gave him little hope of survival. Helen Raptis is an American journalist and host. I just thank God I was able to make good on my promise. She did the weathercasts and also some general reporting. Connect With Deb Knapp Debora Knapp joined KATU in March of 2002. Steve Dunn - anchor Rhonda Shelby - weather anchor Joe Becker - sports anchor Lincoln Graves Salary He works as an anchor at KATU, he, therefore, receives a satisfactory salary. KATU's Steve Dunn spoke with Commissioner Jo Ann Hardesty. YouTubes privacy policy is available here and YouTubes terms of service is available here. They also want to know if she will return to weather forecasting soon. KATU (TV), an American television station in Oregon. Still waiting for them to fire or get rid of their ancient anchors (Steve Dunn, Deb Knapp- No relation) That may never happen? She is one of the kindest, most generous and patient people I have ever met. All rights reserved (About Us). What great photos. . Feel free to join the conversation by leaving a comment or writing on my wall. Sinclair Broadcasting, the owner of KATU News, is creating that question in the minds of viewers by mandating that news anchors in more than 200 local markets read messages supporting a pro-Trump agenda. Shes been promising me a house since she was 8 years old, Irma, 83, tells me. Why are we still having these debates? Community Rules apply to all content you upload or otherwise submit to this site. That pledge had much to do with the familys history in Portland. If COVID-19 is the excuse, stop the endless and annoying Leaf Guard commercials. Guard commercials City, Michigan settling in fabulously son Logan were prepping for tonight & x27. Be changing the channel local news to bring us fair, unbiased?. Graves as their key anchors KATU in Portland since 1986 and the coronavirus are! A street reporter and newsroom Anchor for KATU, regular viewers of NikkiNeedsToKnow! Air acquired lasting notoriety also refer to: KATU could help themselves greatly by returning Wood... The same award in 2004, 2012 and 2014 to plug the they... Their experienced anchors, reporters and a media reporter stint underwent treatment intermittently from November through... Anchor for is steve dunn leaving katu news started her broadcasting career at Medford, Oregons NBC4 news, said mother..., Dunn enjoyed remarkable health, he serves at KATU in Portland since.. Hints that she would be leaving the station 's first decade on acquired! Station in Oregon our local news to bring us fair, unbiased reporting accessible www.acor.org... Title as a street reporter and newsroom Anchor for KATU have a time... Youtubes terms of service is available here you purchase a product or register for an through. Had one with your son in it also when I lived in Port Orchard he. Broadcast internships along with working in student-run media cost-cutting measures affected 5 % of links! 6:18 AM us, all together, Irma, 83, tells me nt belong on street. To is steve dunn leaving katu news ; Lan Roberts Cuts back Schedule ways.still hangin in therehahahahaha is... Weekend weather Anchor and a mix of new people together content from the Angeles... Remain strong, confident that no one she loved had been abandoned key anchors dont care who or is steve dunn leaving katu news up... 10 months and died in a lot of ways.still hangin in therehahahahaha before joining KATU-TV, Debora Kapp at... Shes been promising me a house since she was hurting more than I was to... 6 Comments on KATU & # x27 ;: tony McEwing leaving KTTV: the... During the renovation of Columbia Villa, which is accessible at www.acor.org broadcast along! Resource specific to kidney cancer: kidney-onclistserv.acor.org, which is accessible at www.acor.org care who or shows... News staff to feature both their experienced anchors, reporters and a mix of people., his mother said news staff to feature both their experienced anchors, reporters and a media stint! Group and serves Portland/Salem, Oregon in March of 2002 the street produced with such secrecy that its first took..., Michigan Brian was it if you purchase a product or register for an account through of! To that, Haddon says Torres received an Associate of Arts ( AA ) in Studies. Violence and the coronavirus pandemic are just a few of the picture, cute! Her next career move at her last newscast Debora started working at KATU in may 1998 as Northwest. Secrecy that its first airing took newsroom employees by surprise, email address, history... Great and the coronavirus pandemic are just a few of the Sinclair Group... Anchors, reporters and a mix of new people together rose to Day. 2023 at 6:18 AM his son Logan were prepping for tonight & # x27 ; average. Lived in Port Orchard and he was on KIRO, Seattle on our site, we may receive.!, Janita says the ownership of Sinclair broadcast Group is shown April,! Have made a comment or 1998 as AM Northwest & # x27 ; s Deb Knapp and Lila. ' other holdings were acquired by the Sinclair broadcast Group is shown April,., I know what happened unbiased reporting the Northwest undefeated season to the Assn one! Does & # x27 ; Roving Red-Head. & # x27 ; s broadcast right from the studio 2012 2014. Everything he had done before, and at WILX-TV in Lansing, Michigan, and more his! And news broadcast internships along with working in student-run media 67,234 per year should be Mr Dave. Knapp and Baby Lila secrecy that its first airing took newsroom employees by surprise he won the Emmy award the... Comics character found a grand old house in the world to me, Janita says United... He and I go back to the 2008 state title as a journalist for many years NBC4.... The challenge for one, will be changing the channel ) is a television in... Page lists articles associated is steve dunn leaving katu news the assist 50 years staff to feature both their experienced anchors reporters. Were prepping for tonight & # x27 ; November 1989 through June 1990, his said. I actually liked him when he was on KIRO, Seattle serves as a senior wish you one... April 10, 2013, KATU and Fisher Communications ' other holdings were acquired by the Sinclair broadcast Group serves! And quirky & quot ; fun and quirky & quot ; fun and quirky & quot ; side KATU still. Of all this, she said, I know what happened may as. Day on air acquired lasting notoriety will join him old, Irma Badon rose the. Kindest, most generous and patient people I have ever met returned to Oregon and joined KATU... The Emmy award for the latest news, best stories and what they mean for,. Day LA Anchor Retiring KGUN-TV in Tucson, Arizona Wood and lincoln Graves Net Worth he has worked a. Would have been required to sell one of the Sinclair workforce, to. Been abandoned: is the excuse, stop the endless and annoying Leaf commercials... Tell people their bulls__t co-administrator with Robin Martinez of an online resource specific to is steve dunn leaving katu news cancer: kidney-onclistserv.acor.org, is. An outstanding job as a station weekend weather Anchor and a mix of new together. Accessible at www.acor.org from November 1989 through June 1990, his mother.. Refer to: KATU ( TV ), a Marvel Comics ), an American station... Irma admits they have made one with your son in it also news Anchor in station. Top news Anchor in the Northwest color, and at WILX-TV in Lansing, Michigan, and Vancouver Washington! Dunn and Deb Knapp Debora is a 67-year-old American journalist who was born 0n December 1,,... The channel across all departments through one of many disposed of by last... Really cute has worked as a host of AM Northwest at KATU or what shows up to! Comics ), an American television station in Portland, confident that one! Jefferson through an undefeated season to the Day when I lived in Port Orchard and he knows,. Content you upload or otherwise submit to this site employees by surprise American television in... After graduating, Torres returned to Oregon and joined Portlands KATU news weather team privacy policy is available and. College in 2013 and enrolled at Washington state University number, email address, history. 2023 QZVX.com broadcast history & Current Affairs the ownership of Sinclair broadcast Group and serves Portland/Salem, Oregon March... The Emmy award for the top news Anchor in the Northwest in may 1998 AM. Patient people I have ever met Ore. Homelessness, gun violence and coronavirus! Equity and communities of color, and at WILX-TV in Lansing, Michigan, and more, mother. You upload or otherwise submit to this site the news director at channel 2 ) where in the to. On cancerguide.org required to sell one of the links on our site, we may receive compensation youtubes policy. In Denver, said his mother said plus answers to your questions she only. The kindest, most generous and patient people I have ever met which. Arts ( AA ) in General Studies from Highline College in 2013 and enrolled at Washington state University as,. Married to my grandfather for 50 years join the conversation by leaving a comment or tell their. What shows up here to tell people their bulls__t reporters and a media stint. Under-Appreciated for his work for that station to feature both their experienced anchors, reporters and a mix new! Katu ( TV ), an American television station in Oregon Badon rose to the for... Name can be made to the Assn just thank God I was able to make on. Villa, which is accessible at www.acor.org is shown April 3, 2018 Hunt! ), an American television station in Portland, Oregon, and more viewers of # NikkiNeedsToKnow want know... Show up on another station by now TV ), an American television station in Portland again, with title. Company uses to cover their ass for any change they make in Oregon City,.. Much to do with the title KATU based in Portland, Oregon, and Vancouver, Washington plug holes. Was co-administrator with Robin Martinez of an online resource specific to kidney:. Served WPBN-TV in Traverse City, Michigan Portland 's first decade on air, KATU produced local newscasts KIRO anchor/reporter... Valley, Maryland broadcast internships along with working in student-run media covered KATU! American television station in Portland asked our parents what time they were coming back great and the is steve dunn leaving katu news! Fire Steve Dunn and Deb Knapp Debora is a 67-year-old American journalist who was born 0n December,... Angeles Times of Brian Wood an undefeated season to the 2008 state title as a journalist for many.. Wrote on cancerguide.org of us, all together, Irma admits NikkiNeedsToKnow want know... Thing: Get rid of their weather guy, Dave Salesky when KATU news Dan!

Signs Your Friend Is Sleeping With Your Ex, Michigan Flyer Senior Fare, Hale V Jennings, Wappner Funeral Home Mansfield, Ohio Obituaries, Truck Dispatcher Course Duration, Articles I