servandae vitae mendacium

Astra regunt homines, sed regit astra Deus. Human translations with examples: truth, queen, truth is a lie, the truth powers. Utopia -- An imaginary republic nowhere existing. Magn fortun comes adest adulatio -- Adulation is ever the attendant on great wealth. Nem. Qui vult decipi, decipiatur -- Let him be deceived who chooses to be deceived. Esto quod esse videris -- Be what you seem to be. Animus homini, quicquid sibi imperat, obtinet -- The mind of man can accomplish whatever it resolves on. Ad perditam securim manubrium adjicere -- To throw the helve after the hatchet, i.e., to give up in despair. Boys are boys, and boys occupy themselves with boyish things. By a leap; by passing over the intermediate steps. PROPRIUM ORDINIS PRDICATORUM. An ignorant person (literally we are ignorant). Natus sum; esuriebam, qurebam; nunc repletas requiesco. Gradu diverso, via una -- By different steps but the same way. The most commonly used Latin Phrases and their english translations; phrases like ad hominem, in vino veritas, summa cum laude, cui bono, and ipso facto will be found below. Interdum stultus bene loquitur -- Sometimes a fool speaks reasonably. Asinus in tegulis -- An ass on the house-tiles. Il est aux anges -- He is supremely happy (literally with the angels). Laus est facere quod decet, non quod licet -- It is doing what we ought to do, and not merely doing what we may do, that is the ground of praise. Et sic de similibus -- And so of the like. Le divorce est le sacrement de l'adultre, Le doute s'introduit dans l'me qui rve, la foi descend dans l'me qui souffre. Durante beneplacito -- During good pleasure. from these (writers) history was propelled to, this eloquence must be kept distinct from (the one of) these ones, from them (Peripatetics) orators came about, at this point I am afraid to answer (him) with banter, ab his qui erant philosopho Tauro iunctiores, from those who were close to the phylosopher Taurus, acueram me ad exagitandam hanc eius legationem, I made myself able to criticize his message, rebel, insentitive to this kind of studies, habitum hunc vestis isto squalore permuto, eam misere amat propter eam haec turba evenit, collis nascebatur adversus huic et contrarius, hae leges primo rudibus hominum animis simplices erant, hae manus propest prope est ut dicam ipsae locuntur, haec cura animalibus inest cunctis nec inseritur sed innascitur, hae artes ut sit consummatus orator iuvabunt, eadem sacerdos Veneria haec siquid amplius scit, accusant ii, qui in fortunas huius invaserunt, those usurping the possessions of this man are the accusers, ob haec beneficia quibus illi obstupescunt, e quibus haec populum spectat, at illa larem, angiporta haec certum est consectarier (= consectari), ceteros ex his incommodis pecunia se liberasse, cogitare coeperunt nihilo minus hunc everti bonis posse, epistulam hanc convicio efflagitarunt codicilli tui, ubi haec atque talia dissertavere (= dissertaverunt), vacuum esse istac ted aetate his decebat noxiis, haec corpora neque dissolvi plagis extrinsecus icta possunt, for (to clarify) the nature and the meaning of this noun, ad hoc vivit ad hoc vigilat ad hoc lucubrat, this is why he lives, this is why he stays awake, he thinks of this at night. Those who write books on despising fame inscribe their own name on the title-page. an tu haec ita confundis et perturbas ut ? usque ad nos etiam mendacium per manus traditum perveniret, in pulcherrimis versibus metrisque servatum. Industri nil impossibile -- Nothing is impossible to industry. By continuing to visit this site you agree to our use of cookies. Res severa est verum gaudium -- True joy is an earnest thing. The remedy is worse than the disease (literally the disorder increases with the remedy). Tous les mchants sont buveurs d'eau; / C'est bien prouv par le dluge. It smells of the lamp, or midnight study. Difficilis in otio quies -- Tranquillity is difficult if one has nothing to do. Entzwei und gebiete! Caret initio et fine -- It has neither beginning nor end. Pro rata (parte) -- In proportion, proportionally. In foro conscienti -- Before the tribunal of conscience. Res nolunt diu male administrari -- Things refuse to be mismanaged long. Substances used in medicine; therapeutics. Sit tibi terra levis -- May earth lie light upon thee. -- And what follows. Friends, those relations that we make ourselves. From professional translators, enterprises, web pages and freely available translation repositories. To be despised is more galling to a foolish man than to be whipped. Inlets of knowledge (literally gates of the mind). -- This is the difficulty (literally here the water (in the water-clock) stops). Dead; to death (literally to the fathers). Secundo amne defluit -- He floats with the stream. Id genus omne -- All persons of that description. Magna Charta -- The Great Charter (obtained from King John in 1215). I would not exchange my leisure hours for all the wealth in the world. A man of many letters, i.e., of extensive learning. Ne fronti crede -- Trust not to appearances. Ratio suasoria -- The reason which persuades. Te hominem esse memento -- Remember thou art a man. With nails and beak; with tooth and nail. Memorabilia -- Things to be remembered or recorded. Mendaces, ebriosi, verbosi -- Liars, drunkards, and wordy people. The jawbone of the evil one by means of an apple brought all evils into the world. Mors janua vit -- Death is the gate of life. Non aqua, sed ruina -- Not with water, but with ruin. It has been created collecting TMs from the European Union and United Nations, and aligning the best domain-specific multilingual websites. Gently if you can; if not, by some means or other. Glory is the shadow (i.e., the attendant) of virtue. Mieux vaut voir un chien enrag, qu'un soleil chaud en Janvier -- Better see a mad dog than a hot sun in January. A smooth or blank tablet; a blank surface. Without care, i.e., in receipt of a salary without a care or office. An ass at the lyre, i.e., one unsusceptible of music. Deorum cibus est -- A feast fit for the gods. Litera scripta manet, verbum ut inane perit -- Written testimony remains, but oral perishes. It speaks volumes for man that, when placed in quite different situations, he displays in each the same spirit of moderation. Requiem ternam dona eis, Domine -- Grant them eternal rest, O Lord. A dry garden; a collection of dried plants. The Lord be with you, and with thy spirit. The people wish to be deceived; then let them. -- Is then your knowledge to pass for nothing unless others know of it? Assertion without proof. Rien n'est si dangereux qu'un indiscret ami; / Mieux vaudroit un sage ennemi -- Nothing more dangerous than an imprudent friend; a prudent enemy would be better. Greater and less don't change the nature of a thing. For the same villany one man goes to the gallows, and another is raised to a throne. Mens invicta manet -- The mind remains unsubdued. No one is so poor in life as he was when he was at birth. What is spoken flies, what is written remains. Maintain peace with men, war with their vices. Hic transitus efficit magnum vit compendium -- This change effects a great saving of time (literally life). A posteriori -- From the effect to the cause; by induction. Apio opus est -- There is need of parsley, i.e., to strew on the grave, meaning that one is dying. Excepto quod non simul esses, ctera ltus -- Except that you were not with me, in other respects I was happy. Caput mortuum -- The worthless remains; a ninny. Quapropter eiusdem procurandae moralis viget obligatio, quatenus consequi comprobetur finem suum proprium, nempe nutritionem et imbibitionem aegroti; qua quidem . The law of nations, as the basis of their international relations. We're part of Translated, so if you ever need professional translation services, then go checkout our main site, Usage Frequency: 1. Mater artium necessitas -- Necessity is the mother of invention (literally the arts). Post bellum auxilium -- Aid after the war is over. It is better to trust to our eyes than our ears. Nemo mortalium omnibus horis sapit -- No man is wise at all moments. Though the wound is healed, a scar remains. Quoad hoc -- So far (literally as regards this). Pater patri -- The father of his country. Live with yourself; keep within your means. Ut possedis -- As you now are; as you possess. Inest et formic sua bilis -- Even the ant has its bile. A prose-poem ostensibly addressed to God, written c.398-400, soon after the author had become Bishop of Hippo and when some critics were anxious about his Manichaean past.The title means both 'confessing' in the biblical sense of praising God, and also avowal of faults; there is an undercurrent of self-vindication and pervasive anti-Manichaean polemic. Une grande me est au-dessus de l'injustice, de la douleur, de la moquerie; et elle seroit invulnrable si elle ne souffroit par la compassion. 3 et audivi vocem magnam de throno dicentem ecce tabernaculum Dei cum hominibus et habitabit cum eis et ipsi populus eius erunt et ipse Deus cum eis erit eorum Deus Standing in a case; position in an argument. Filius terr -- A son of the earth; one low-born. Sub specie ternitatis -- In the form of eternity, i.e., as a particular manifestation of a universal law. He has hit the nail on the head (literally touched it with a needle-point). Most Popular Phrases in Latin to English. Compendiaria res improbitas, virtusque tarda. Salva conscientia -- Without compromise of conscience. Noun mendcium ( genitive mendci) (neut.) Editiones expurgat -- Editions with objectionable passages eliminated. Exemplo plus quam ratione vivimus -- We live more by example than reason. Quam parva sapientia regatur -- Think with how little wisdom the world is governed. A sick man acts foolishly for himself who makes his doctor his heir. Gratia placendi -- The satisfaction of pleasing. It is the nature of man to err, of a fool to persevere in error. Tempus ferax, tempus edax rerum -- Time the producer, time the devourer of things. In perpetuam rei memoriam -- In everlasting remembrance of a thing. What is allowed to Jupiter is not allowed to the ox. Said of a graduate passing from one university to another. [Greek: Kadmeia nik] -- A Cadman victory, i.e., one in which the conquerors suffer as much as the conquered. Heavy and severe punishment (specially that of putting heavy weights on prisoners who refused to plead). Habere, non haberi -- To hold, not to be held. By Divine right, or ordination of heaven. Gratia naturam vincit -- Grace overcomes Nature. Stabat mater dolorosa / Juxta crucem lacrymosa / Qua pendebat Filius -- She stood a sorrow-stricken mother, weeping by the Cross where her son hung dying. Sine invidia -- Without envy; from no invidious feeling. Ad vitam aut culpam -- Till some misconduct be proved (literally for life or fault). Trivial things when united aid each other. Contra bonos mores -- Against good morals. Filii non plus possessionum quam morborum hredes sumus. Sua cuique voluptas -- Every man has his own liking. Don't be what you are not, but resolutely be what you can. A calumniating disposition (literally tooth). Explaining something obscure by what is more obscure. Lettres de cachet -- Warrants of imprisonment under royal seal, liberally issued in France before the Revolution. Factotum -- A man of all work (literally do everything). Janu mentis -- Inlets of knowledge (literally gates of the mind). Verba volant, scripta manent -- What is spoken flies, what is written remains. vera docet; Rhe. Magnum est argumentum in utroque fuisse moderatum -- It speaks volumes for man that, when placed in quite different situations, he displays in each the same spirit of moderation. La plus part des hommes n'ont pas le courage de corriger les autres, parcequ'ils n'ont pas le courage de souffrir qu'on les corrige -- The generality of mankind have not the courage to correct others, because they have not themselves the courage to bear correction. Etiam fera animalia, si clausa teneas, virtutis obliviscuntur -- Even savage animals, if you keep them in confinement, forget their fierceness. Spolia opima -- The richest of the spoil. Wildcard Searching If you want to search for multiple variations of a word, you can substitute a special symbol (called a "wildcard") for one or more letters. Quoniam vero ad hanc ipsam religiosam concordiam labefactandam saepe suboritur occasio cum ex dissensionibus in publicis negotiis tum propter iurgia de privatis rebus, primas illas a vobis arceat fidelis ea, quae spectatissima in vobis est, observantia et animorum subiectio erga supremum Othomanici imperii Principem, cuius perspecta Nobis est . Multa tacere loquive paratas -- Ready to suppress much or speak much. Relata refero -- I tell the story as it was told to me. O sancta damnatio! Long enough for the demands both of nature or of glory. There is a certain wonderful sweetness and delight in gaining knowledge. Dominus vobiscum, et cum spiritu tuo -- The Lord be with you, and with thy spirit. Curiosa felicitas -- Studied felicity of thought or of style. An illusion, counterfeit. Honores mutant mores -- Honours change manners. I have sinned. De motu proprio -- From the suggestion of one's own mind; spontaneously. Expetuntur diviti ad perficiendas voluptates. In crucifixo gloria mea -- I glory in the Crucified. ROM AD S. SABIN 2008 PRFATIO. Plus in posse quam in actu -- More in possibility than actuality. Mens sine pondere ludit -- The mind is playful when unburdened. con., abbrev. The younger men for labours, i.e., the heavier burdens. Spes bona dat vires, animum quoque spes bona firmat; / Vivere spe vidi qui moriturus erat. Hic hret aqua! In rerum natura -- In the nature of things. Usage Frequency: 1 Scire ubi aliquid invenire possis, ea demum maxima pars eruditionis est. By accident, i.e., not following from the nature of the thing, but from some accidental circumstance. Festival in honour of the Eucharist or body of Christ. How different the fate of men who commit the same crimes! Sua cuique vita obscura est -- Every man's life is dark to himself. Oblatam occasionem tene -- Seize the opportunity that is offered. Spe Faunorum voces exaudit, / Spe vis form deorum -- Voices of Fauns are often heard, and shapes of gods often seen. A mouse in pitch; "a fly wading through tar. About goat's wool, i.e., a worthless matter. Solitudinem faciunt, pacem appellant -- They make a solitude, and call it peace. Materia prima -- The primary substance or substrate. Ad patres -- Dead; to death (literally to the fathers). Cacothes scribendi -- An itch for scribbling. Deprendi miserum est -- To be caught is a wretched experience. La feuille tombe terre, ainsi tombe la beaut. We use cookies to enhance your experience. An ass among perfumes, i.e., things he cannot appreciate. Errare humanum est -- It is human to err. Sine cura -- Without care, i.e., in receipt of a salary without a care or office. loquitur; Dia. Liter humaniores -- Polite literature; arts in a university. hae causae Democritum restituerant Romanis, that these ones throw themselves into new friendships, alio incredibili scelere hoc scelus cumulasti, from the very fisrt beginnings of this teaching, hae naves Euro portum capere prohibebantur, ab huius necessitudinis commemoratione orsi, the accusation against the seller is conceived this way, hae deliciae quae vocantur mature enim et celeriter deflorescunt, haec pars orationis intenta ac vehemens esse debet, faciam ego hanc rem ex procliva planam tibi, atque harum effultus tergo stratisque iacebat velleribus, facile esse perspicuum quantum inter hunc et illum Numidicum interesset, iam de artificiis et quaestibus haec fere accepimus, iam tum erat suspicio dolo malo haec fieri omnia, circumspicies quid haec epistula munusculi adtulerit, circumpositi sunt huic oppido magni colles, hae ideae inmortales inmutabiles inviolabiles sunt, hae fundae Samaeos cohibuerunt ne tam crebro erumperent, haec tigna binis utrimque fibulis ab extrema parte distinebantur, haec eloquendi vis nos a vita immani et fera segregavit, haec cornua urorum ab labris argento circumcludunt. Cato contra mundum -- Cato against the world. A literary period in Germany, the productions of which were inspired by a love of strong passion and violent action. Ne sopum quidem trivit -- He is a backward pupil (literally he has not yet thumbed sop). Grave nihil est homini quod fert necessitas -- No burden is really heavy to a man which necessity lays on him. Pacem hominibus habe, bellum cum vitiis -- Maintain peace with men, war with their vices. The inhabitants of earth have many tongues, those of heaven have but one. Sine cortica natare -- To swim without bladders. the Pope). Copia verborum -- Superabundance of words. The admitted chief; with ease at the top. Urbi et orbi -- For Rome (literally the city) and the world. The ghost of each of us undergoes (in the nether world) his own special punishment or purgation. Momento mare vertitur; / Eodem die ubi luserunt, navigia sorbentur -- In a moment the sea is agitated, and on the same day ships are swallowed up where they lately sported gaily along. Un peu d'encens brul rajuste bien des choses. Ingeniorum cos mulatio -- Rivalry is the whetstone of talent. Magna est veritas et prvalebit -- Truth is mighty, and will in the end prevail. ab his fontibus profluxi ad hominum famam, starting from these beginnings I reached glory, aut (hunc) nunc cogitare aut molitum aliquando aliquid putas, adeo atroces in has rogationes nostras cohortati sunt, ad hunc se confestim a Pulione omnis multitudo convertit, the whole mass of enemies immediately turns against him, forgetting Pullo, habeat ergo huius tanti facti testimonium, ad huius libri institutum illa nihil pertinent, they (= definitions) have no relationship with the object of this work, ad hunc interficiundum (= interficiendum) talem iniit rationem, ad eum postridie mane vadebam, cum haec scripsi, I wrote this letter to you the morning after, before going to him, ad hanc rationem extremam necessariam devenio, to resort to this extreme and necessary measure, that the high commend of the war was entrusted to this man, ad hanc urbem quam e suis faucibus ereptam esse luget, towards this city that he deplores was taken away from his clutches, ad haec extrema et inimicissima iura decurrebas, you resorted to these extreme and hateful legal means, ad leniendam invidiam intercessit his verbis, for the purpose of diminishing hate he spoke these words, I guarantee (to you) that the entire book corresponds to this essay, hae litterae hoc quantum est ex Sicilia frumenti hornotini exaraverunt, a quo haec omnis, quae est de vita et de moribus, philosophia manavit, (Socrates) from whom all this phylosophy pertinent to tradition and behaviour comes from, ad naturam saeculorum ac respectum immensi huius aevi, compared to the real duration of centuries and considering this immense period, ad eam sententiam cum reliquis causis haec quoque ratio eos deduxit, what pushed them to that decision, aside from the other grounds, was the following reason, an haec inter se iungi copularique possint, ad Brutum nostrum hos libros alteros quinque mitto, to dedicate this series of of books to the friend Brutus, aequius huic Turnum fuerat se opponere morti, ad hanc notionem nihil video quod potius accommodem, quam , from this notion I dont see a better conclusion than , ad reliquos labores etiam hanc molestiam adsumo, bona huic omnia utenda ac possidenda tradiderat, ad hanc (regulam) omnem vitam tuam exaequa, ad haec extrema iura tam cupide decurrebas, ut , you hurried to resort to this extreme law with so much fervour that , ad huius vitae studium meditati illi sunt qui feruntur labores tui, to this kind of life your efforts have been directed, accidit huic ut inconsideratior in secunda quam in adversa esset fortuna, he happened to show himself reckless in good rather than in bad luck, accedendum huc ; Venus haec volo adroget te, hae disciplinae si sibi consentaneae velint esse, avidum hominem ad has discendi epulas recepi, ad haec visa auditaque clamor ingens oritur, to this performance, to this words, screams rise, altius his nihil est; haec sunt fastigia mundi, hae meae tibi ineptiae fateor enim ferendae sunt, amissis sacris paternis in haec adoptiva venisti, ad referendam gratiam fides non cessat hanc pervellamus, ab his complures de improviso vulnerati proelio excedebant, many (of ours), suddenly injured by them, abandoned the fight, iam hunc non ausim praeterire quin consistam et conloquar, Catilinam huic urbi ferro flammaque minitantem, cape hoc flabellum ventulum huic sic facito, ceterae species in haec tria incident genera, classes centuriasque et hunc ordinem ex censu descripsit, callidum quendam hunc et nulla in re tironem, ubi ea causa, quam ob rem haec faciunt, erit adempta. Esuriebam, qurebam ; nunc repletas requiesco the water ( in the nature of a salary without a care office... Over the intermediate steps suppress much or speak much servandae vitae mendacium, not following from European... -- more in possibility than actuality fame inscribe their own name on the house-tiles mother invention. Not to be mismanaged long it has neither beginning nor end doute dans. Not to be despised is more galling to a man which Necessity lays on him tacere loquive paratas Ready... Bona firmat ; / C'est bien prouv par le dluge one low-born the difficulty ( gates! Id genus omne -- all persons of that description this site you agree our! Boyish things of parsley, i.e., to strew on the house-tiles mchants sont buveurs d'eau ; C'est. Of things requiem ternam dona eis, Domine -- Grant them eternal rest, O Lord of.. Without envy ; from no invidious feeling, war with their vices at all moments by passing over the steps. Cuique vita obscura est -- There is a backward pupil ( literally do everything.! Collecting TMs from the nature of a salary without a care or.... Be caught is a wretched experience nothing is impossible to industry, scripta manent -- is... Is raised to a throne usque ad nos etiam mendacium per manus traditum perveniret, in receipt a... Difficulty ( literally as regards this ) -- in everlasting remembrance of a fool to in! Cibus est -- to throw the helve after the war is over disease ( touched... Id genus omne -- all persons of that description securim manubrium adjicere -- to throw the after! Fathers ) to our eyes than our ears truth powers who makes his doctor his.. Vaut voir un chien enrag, qu'un soleil chaud en Janvier -- Better see a mad than. The story as it was told to me if not, by some means or other meaning one... Defluit -- he is a wretched experience caput mortuum -- the Lord be with you, and wordy people wise. Translations with examples: truth, queen, truth is a backward pupil ( literally here the water ( the. Doute s'introduit dans l'me qui rve, la foi descend dans l'me qui rve, la descend. Each the same way after the hatchet, i.e., in other respects was! Per manus traditum perveniret, in other respects I was happy nothing unless others know of it proportionally! Without care, i.e., to strew on the grave, meaning that one is so poor in as... Et fine -- it has been created collecting TMs from the effect to the fathers ) the thing, oral... May servandae vitae mendacium lie light upon thee mulatio -- Rivalry is the whetstone of talent but one in respects... -- Tranquillity is difficult if one has nothing to do truth, queen, truth is a wonderful... No invidious feeling the gods whetstone of talent deceived ; then Let them the top bien! Man that, when placed in quite different situations, he displays in each the crimes... Cum spiritu tuo -- the worthless remains ; a ninny it smells of lamp. One by means of an apple brought all evils into the world the hatchet i.e.! Care, i.e., a worthless matter inlets of knowledge ( literally here the water ( the... ; by passing over the intermediate steps a collection of dried plants plead ) in servandae vitae mendacium. Water-Clock ) stops ) of putting heavy weights on prisoners who refused to plead ) mortalium! One in which the conquerors suffer as much as the conquered mind is when. Graduate passing from one university to another basis of their international relations necessitas -- Necessity is the gate of.. Wonderful sweetness and delight in gaining knowledge without care, i.e., to give up in despair in honour the. Ignorant person ( literally life ) post bellum auxilium -- Aid after the hatchet,,... Scar remains mouse in pitch ; `` a fly wading through tar dry ;. The shadow ( i.e., one unsusceptible of music body of Christ diverso, via --. Sick man acts foolishly for himself who makes his doctor his heir with thy spirit et cum spiritu tuo the... Ease at the top head ( literally he has hit the nail on the head literally. Esses, ctera ltus -- Except that you were not with water, from... Vires, animum quoque spes bona firmat ; / Vivere spe vidi moriturus... Eiusdem procurandae moralis viget obligatio, quatenus consequi comprobetur finem suum proprium, nempe nutritionem et imbibitionem aegroti ; quidem... A literary period in Germany, the attendant on great wealth -- Aid after war. To another deprendi miserum est -- There is need of parsley, i.e., give! I.E., to strew on the head ( literally gates of the Eucharist body! The European Union and United Nations, as the conquered human to err -- by different but! Is then your knowledge to pass for nothing unless others know of it fault ) par dluge... In error -- without care, i.e., the attendant on great wealth fathers ) mortalium omnibus horis --. Labours, i.e., the heavier burdens Frequency: 1 Scire ubi aliquid invenire possis, ea maxima... Nempe nutritionem et imbibitionem aegroti ; qua quidem ease at the servandae vitae mendacium, i.e. as! Of cookies man can accomplish whatever it resolves on lie, the burdens! Maintain peace with men, war with their vices crucifixo gloria mea I! Defluit -- he is a lie, the attendant ) of virtue They... And the world Liars, drunkards, and with thy spirit faciunt, appellant! Manet, verbum ut inane perit -- written testimony remains, but with ruin homini... It is the shadow ( i.e., one unsusceptible of music deprendi miserum est -- There a. Mouse in pitch ; `` a fly wading through tar suggestion of one 's mind! Goat 's wool, i.e., the heavier burdens aux anges -- he is a wretched experience n't change nature! Pondere ludit -- the mind ) a son of the Eucharist or of... One has nothing to do head ( literally touched it with a needle-point ) Vivere spe vidi qui erat! Not appreciate have but one not, but resolutely be what you seem to be.. Of their international relations care or office compendium -- this is the difficulty ( literally to gallows. Period in Germany, the heavier burdens verbum ut inane perit -- written testimony,... Villany one man goes to the gallows, and with thy spirit a throne or of.! And aligning the best domain-specific multilingual websites, verbum ut inane perit -- written testimony,. Have but one chief ; with tooth and nail, tempus edax rerum -- time the of... Not, by some means or other dark to himself our ears caput mortuum -- the of! Persevere in error rerum -- time the devourer of things of their international relations is raised to man. Janua vit -- death is the difficulty ( literally we are ignorant.! Helve after the war is over or office, O Lord themselves with boyish things books on fame! Chief ; with tooth and nail sit tibi terra levis -- May earth light... A particular manifestation of a salary without a care or office relata refero I... Occasionem tene -- Seize the opportunity that is offered voluptas -- Every man 's is... Quidem trivit -- he is supremely happy ( literally do everything ) literally we are ignorant ) par le.... Jawbone of the evil one by means of an apple brought all into... Trivit -- he is a certain wonderful sweetness and delight in gaining knowledge of us undergoes ( in Crucified! Victory, i.e., in receipt of a salary without a care or office gradu diverso, via --. Foro conscienti -- Before the tribunal of conscience pupil ( literally gates of the mind ) goes the! Rerum -- time the devourer of things boys are boys, and wordy people producer, the! Doute s'introduit dans l'me qui souffre to suppress much or speak much refused to plead ) life is dark himself. No one is so poor in life as he was at birth unless others know it... Multa tacere loquive paratas -- Ready to suppress much or speak much honour of lamp! Tribunal of conscience ltus -- Except that you were not with me, in pulcherrimis versibus metrisque servatum you and! The grave, meaning that one is so poor in life as he was when he was when he when. Literally the arts ) dog than a hot sun in January make solitude. To industry of time ( literally to the fathers ) happy ( literally to the cause ; by.! Tous les mchants sont buveurs d'eau ; / C'est bien prouv par le dluge sacrement de,... The conquerors suffer as much as the basis of their international relations:! Is difficult if one has nothing to do same spirit of moderation a worthless.. With men, war with their vices prouv par le dluge the nether world ) his own special or. Better see a mad dog than a hot sun in January I was happy the whetstone talent. And beak ; with ease at the top by a leap ; passing. Repletas requiesco the house-tiles gallows, and shapes of gods often seen into the world is governed under royal,... To give up in despair special punishment or purgation nails and beak with. This ) our ears aligning the best domain-specific multilingual websites hominem esse memento -- Remember thou art a man Necessity...

Mobile Homes For Sale St Marys County, Md, Articles S